Organized in 1988, ARIPPA is a non-profit trade association with offices based in Pennsylvania. Its membership is comprised of:
• Electric generating plants producing alternative energy and/or steam (“Co-Generation” plants produce and sell both alternative energy electricity and steam), and
• Businesses associated with the industry.
Most ARIPPA member plants are currently located in or near the Anthracite or Bituminous coal regions of the United States. Collectively member plants generate alternative energy electricity using environmentally-friendly Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) boiler technology to convert coal mining refuse and/or other alternative fuels such as biomass into alternative energy and steam.
Accordingly ARIPPA is organized to:
• advance the alternative energy electric power production industry,
• encourage education about alternative energy electric power production
and related industries,
• promote the environmentally responsible production of electric power,
• promote the utilization of electricity produced by alternative energy
electric power producers,
• endorse the continuity and growth of the alternative energy power
• assist in meeting this country's energy, industrial, economic, and
Officers are elected from the Sustaining Membership Board of Directors and serve the membership on a voluntary basis.
Gary Anderson, Plant Manager
Ebensburg Power Company
John Malloy, Plant Manager
Colver Power Project
Randy Lindenmuth, Principal & Managing Director